Thursday 22 November 2012

Bubbles Side Banner

I was recently working on a project which involved redesigning a side banner for a site.
There were a few constraints:
  • It preferably had to be able to link to other parts of the site
  • Show the different activities available
  • Look good when made low res and small image size for fast loading.
With this in mind I set about my task, the company is all about the sea so I wanted to work on something water based. A simple gradient would work well and also allow pages that are long to just have a plain colour after a certain length allowing fast loading.
Bubbles are something that I have always wanted to do after all those sonic games in my childhood but have always found difficult to draw so I took up the challenge.

After reading a few blogs I had a go and this was what I created.
For some of these I used brushed from the Hawksmont Universe - If you ever want to create something in photoshop and aren't 100% sure, it quite complicated, or maybe it's a fairly common thing, look for brushes of this first; there are so many free ones out there. 

No comments:

Post a Comment