Thursday 8 November 2012

Star Luxe Cosmetics

Star Luxe was a short project that I took on as a favour.
A family friend was starting a new brand and needed some 3d renderings and presentational material.
This is the type of information I was given so you can see the design process.


From the few slides I was sent I then extracted as much information as possible to develop the range, throughout the process I continually emailed the client to keep her up to date and used Dropbox to keep her clear on the alterations made to the designs and the renders produced. I found this was much quicker than emailing and allowed far larger files to be transmitted which meant a clear understanding of size and colour rather than a compressed low res pic.
Here are a few examples of how I developed this.

Purple Mascara.

Lip gloss packaging.

Lip gloss.

Powder box.

The designs were pretty near to how she asked however the changes are all ones which I recommended and although not initially liking the idea once seeing it all together they were sold. This was most apparent with the powder box where I first sent them an image I had created for the powder, they had asked for gold with a slight spiral of purple to give a galaxy and stars feel to it. I had a quick play with the gold, realised I was not a fan and that the gold would look better as the centre and the purple replacing what would be good as the black of a galaxy. Seeing the jpeg they asked if I could redo it but before I fulfilled their request I placed it into the solidworkds designed box with the reflection and waited for the reply..They loved it.

No comments:

Post a Comment