Thursday 8 November 2012

Real Beauty health spa (MR Design)

A project created for a friends family member, they needed a very simple website created for their beauty salon/ spa.
As a designer this was simple enough for me to come up with the concepts and then my flatmate would create the coding and put the pieces together.
We thought this could be a good practice and if it worked possibly go into webdesign together, I put our first names together to form MR and then added design at the end, simple...company name done - MR Design.

Initially I send them a few colour schemes as without going to the shop and speaking to them it was difficult to obtain information about them as their emails were not very specific.
Here are some of the colour schemes I sent:


I was hoping they would use one of three colour choices, for this reason I places it at the top of each box. I also mentioned that if there were any colours in one and not in the other then to let me know and we could mix and match a little. They decided to go for colours in the earth box (top left) however the 3rd strip down which was not one I would have chosen myself however I followed their brief and created a home page.




The design was just a quick concept so that they might see how it would look before I created the other pages. The font I used was Helvetica however this may have been changed depending on if they already employed a specific font for their other items, leaflets, banners, shop front etc.
As it may be apparent I didn't completely to the colours chosen, when working with this I found that it needed something to lighten it  and clean it up so added the light blue but still with the earthy feel to keep it in the correct area. The company had a few issues and so the whole website plan fell through leaving us with nothing, first lesson of design take some type of deposit or just be lucky.

1 comment:

  1. or label it a consultation fee :)
    Tough luck this time. If I may, white copy is usually hard on the eyes, particularly on websites. Nice straightforward design though.

    ReplyDelete